Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

eigrp neighbor is down when sending large packets on frame-relay subinterfa

Hello,

I have the customer sending some large packages from 1.3M to 30M over the frame-relay subinterface. The link is 64k, with CIR of 32 k. But the load of the link is maybe up to 30k.

When the packages are sent, the following message appears on the first router:

%DUAL-5-NBRCHANGE: IP-EIGRP 100: Neighbor 10.100.1.94 (Serial0/0.42) is down: holding time expired

%DUAL-5-NBRCHANGE: IP-EIGRP 100: Neighbor 10.100.1.94 (Serial0/0.42) is up: new adjacency

On the second router:

%DUAL-5-NBRCHANGE: IP-EIGRP 100: Neighbor 10.100.1.93 (ATM2/0.42) is down: peer restarted

%DUAL-5-NBRCHANGE: IP-EIGRP 100: Neighbor 10.100.1.93 (ATM2/0.42) is up: new adjacency

This wasn't happening before, when the customer was sending packages only up to 2M.

I have checked the bandwidth on both routers. It's configured the same. Also MTU size is the same (1500 bytes).

What could be the reason of such a behaviour? And what are the other things I should check?

Thanks in advance,

Kristina

5 REPLIES

Re: eigrp neighbor is down when sending large packets on frame-r

Hi.

Are you using the default EIGRP timers, or did you set some lower values?

Rgds.

NM

Default EIGRP timers are used (5 sec).

Is it possible that I do some prioritization on the atm link for the eigrp traffic?

Thanks and regards,

Kristina

Gold

EIGRP hello's are already prioritized... Are you getting a lot of output or input drops on these interfaces? It sounds like you might have a problem with just getting packets on the wire, although the link isn't too congested.

Russ

Unfortunately, I got it wrong. Link becomes 100% occupied. But I don't see any drops or errors on the link. I have even tried to prioritize EIGRP traffic, but it didn't help. Now I hear from you that eigrp hello's are already prioritized anyway.

Any suggestions for further actions?

Thanks,

Kristina

Views
Helpful
Replies