cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Eigrp not yet found

jdedon
Level 1
Level 1

I have a broadband connection between 4 routers (point to multipoint wireless).

All routers connected to radios over ethernet. Eigrp is configured and the router connected to the base station sends hellos but does not receive hellos and yet it receives the updates and debug shows update received but neighbor not yet found. The remote units all recieve the hellos. I also noticed that cdp does not appear to be working in the same direction. Funny thing is, I have several more segments configured just like this one that connect to the same base router (3550) and they seem to be working ok. I'm leaning toward something being filtered or not passed on the wireless, but can find it at the moment.

6 Replies 6

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

try adding neighbor commands on the base and the remote routers, hope this helps.

Hello,

EIGRP uses multicast to send hello packets. IN case your broadband connections does not pass multicast traffic the hellos from other devices would be successful and neighbor relationship won't be formed. Therefore, the solution in Non-broadcast media is to use the neighbor command under the EIGRP process , Only on the HUB would be sufficient, and EIGRP will send the hello as unicast.

Let me know if this works with you,

Regards,

Also, make sure that the peers have reachability between them. Do basic ping tests between EIGRP peers.

Regards,

It turned out that my wireless engineer had disabled broadcast on the ethernet interface on the subscriber(remote) radios. Apparently this also disables the multicast required by Eigrp. Thanks for the help guys, it is always nice to have someone help find the tree in the forest.

Please rate if you find I could help,

Thanks,

Thanks for the rate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: