Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

EIGRP query behavior in multiple ASs

I am tring to confirm my belief. If a router has two or more EIGRP ASs configured, and they redistribute into one another, isn't it true that the queries in one AS will also be broadcast into the second AS?

Thanks,

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: EIGRP query behavior in multiple ASs

I don't believe so. Redistribution from one AS into the other means that any routes entered into the routing table by the EIGRP process in one AS will be redistributed into the other AS as an external route. Redistribution refers to routes being passed from the routing table into a routing process, not direct interaction between the two processes.

Mark

Community Member

Re: EIGRP query behavior in multiple ASs

I found my own answer .. "If a router is redistributing routes between two EIGRP autonomous systems, it replies to the query within the normal processing rules and launches a new query into the other autonomous system. " This quote can be found in TAC authored Cisco white paper - "Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol" at URL http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk826/tk365/technologies_white_paper09186a0080094cb7.shtml under section Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content