cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP Question

kevin.hu
Level 3
Level 3

With OSPF, you can specify wild card mask at the end of network command. However, EIGRP does not support the mask. Perhaps my IOS is old. If so, what's the min IOS required?

int s0/0

ip add 10.2.1.50 255.255.255.0

int s0/1

ip add 10.3.0.1 255.255.0.0

EIGRP will advertise both network, but with OSPF, I have more control on what network I want to advertise. Please help.

1 Accepted Solution
5 Replies 5

Thanks, that's exactly what I needed. However, if you have older version, how do you advertise specific subnet without advertise the entire classful range?

Disabled auto summary "no auto sum" under EIGRP and only the subnets will be advertised within your network statements.

Hope this helps,

Don

Don,

Yes, I disabled auto summary, but EIGRP still advertises the subnet I don't want to advertise. For example.

int s0

ip add 10.1.1.50 255.255.255.0 (I want to advertise this network using OSPF, not EIGRP)

int s1

ip add 10.1.2.18 255.255.255.240 (I want to advertise this network using EIGRP)

Even if I disable auto summary, EIGRP will advertise int s0's network to its neighbor, is there a way around that if I am using older IOS that does not have network-mask command? Thanks,

You could use an outbout dist list on your interface that your wanting to supress the EIGRP route.

for example:

access-list 1 deny 10.1.1.50 0.0.0.255

access-list 1 permit any

router eigrp <#>

distribution-list 1 out Serial 0 (or whatever interface you're trying to suppress this on)

Hope this helps,

Don