cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP reliability calculation

dragec
Level 1
Level 1

How come that I have reliability on route 10/255 (sh ip route) and on interface 255/255 (sh int atm ....). How EIGRP calculates reliability?

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

Hello,

EIGRP Reliability is the likelihood of successful packet transmission expressed as a number between 0 and 255. The value 255 means 100 percent reliability; 0 means no reliability. Do you have a lot fo route recalculations ? Can you post the full output of the show interface atm command ?

Regards,

GP

Ruter I am looking on received this route from other one that actually has crc errors on interface. Guess this is it. I must find source of CRC errors, it is subinterface on ima group

Guess I've solve it, I've decreased vbr-nrt on pvc and so far there are no CRC errors and reliability is 255/255. Is there any good resorce for calculation from speed in cps to kbit/s?

Hello,

Cisco WAN Manager (CWM) has a tool that allows you to convert CPS to KBPS.

Or the Connection Manager:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wanbu/svplus/11/users/conn_mgr.htm

Regards,

GP

:-))))) and if I do not have Cisco WAN manager ?

ruwhite
Level 7
Level 7

As a side note: EIGRP only pulls the reliability off the interface once, when the interface comes up. So, if the interface's reliability changes, EIGRP won't modify its metrics on the fly. This is one of the primary reasons to leave the K values alone.

The actual formula, I think, is:

255 - ((input errors/packets received) * 255)

Since that should be a percentage of the input errors normalized to a number between 0 and 255.

:-)

Russ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: