Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

EIGRP route advertisment problem

Greetings, networkers;

I have two 6509/MSFC2 and a 3620 involved in this particular conundrum.

6509-1 is connected to 6509-2, 6509-1 is also connected to 3620. All three devices are speaking EIGRP with eachother and all see eachother as EIGRP neighbors. 3620 has a /24 assigned on lo0 and a /29 assigned on lo1. 3620 is configured to redistribute connected networks. 6509-1 sees the two redistributed subnets from 3620, but 6509-2 does not see the two subnets, however it sees other subnets advertised to it from other EIGRP neighbors via 6509-1, as well as routes that are directly connected to 6509-1 and are being redistributed, much the same way as what I am trying to accomplish with the 3620. I have done this hundreds of times but I have absolutly no idea what the problem could be here. There are no distribute lists or anything on either of the three routers in question here. EIGRP looks normal; queues are empty, EIGRP SRTT is slightly high between 6509-2 and 3620, but only about 8-10ms higher than the average SRTT for the other neighbors. RTO is consistent at 200 and hold times are relatively consistent.

All routers EIGRP configuration is consistent:

router eigrp 100

redistribute connected

redistribute static

passive-interface default

no passive-interface <interface(s)>

network <my_bb_net>

no auto-summary

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.

1 REPLY
Gold

Re: EIGRP route advertisment problem

Try putting a default-metric in this process. EIGRP generally won'r redistribute without it. If that doesn't work, we'll probably need more informaiton, like whether these routes are in the local eigrp topology table 9show ip eigrp topo).

Russ

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content