Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

eigrp stub command

Hi all, I have just come across the eigrp stub command, if I use this on a remote stub network, what are the benifits, does it stop queries on the connected routers ?

4 REPLIES
Purple

Re: eigrp stub command

It prevents the hub routers from sending queries to the attached spoke routers. Since a stub router (by definition) will not have a better route to the destination being queried anyway, there is no point in propagating queries to the stub router. So the benefit is that it saves bandwidth and processing power ....

You will need to manually configure summarization even if you have configured stub functionality on a stub router.

Pls rate the post if it helps.

Paresh

what if I dont summarize on this, Also do I have to summarize on the actual interface ?

hi carl,

stub networks or area means it is not having further connectivity. so when the hub router will sned query to such a area then it will never able to receive response so at that time it will reset the neighbour ship with it...so its beter to prevent hub router to send query to such a area or network....and if you are not summarise or if you will disable the summarisation then hub router will send all the subnet to the stub network or area as is it not of any use as the design of stub area or netowkr is not that much high...so better to use send only summary to the stub area or network or you can confiuger the default route pointing to the hub router in stub area or network...

hope this will help you

rate the post if it helps

regards

Devang

Views
Helpful
Replies