Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP with CAR

kanwaljeet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have one 128k link thru VSAT(link#1) and one 128k link thru local exchange(link #2). I want to configure load balancing in such a way that

1. I want my link#1 to be active only when the traffic on link# 2 reaches 60% of load.

2. After the link#2 reaches 60% utilization, all the traffic should flow thru link#1 and traffic on link #1 should not cross more than 60% without any pkts getting dropped.

I have configured variance and after the link#2 reaches 60% utilization, the traffic starts flowing thru link#1 but traffic on link#2 is exceeding 60% and reaching to around 95%.

I have achieved my objective number 1 but objective number 2 is still not achieved.

An early response will be highly appreciated.

Regards

kanwal

2 Replies 2

yusuff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Look into "backup load" command

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios120/12cgcr/dial_r/drprt4/drdbaks.htm#xtocid444713

When the transmitted or received load on the primary line is greater than the value assigned to the enable-threshold argument, the secondary line is enabled.

The secondary line is disabled when one of the following conditions occurs:

The transmitted load on the primary line plus the transmitted load on the secondary line is less than the value entered for the disable-load argument.

The received load on the primary line plus the received load on the secondary line is less than the value entered for the disable-load argument.

If the never keyword is used instead of an enable-threshold value, the secondary line is never activated because of traffic load. If the never keyword is used instead of a disable-load argument, the secondary line is never activated because of traffic load.

HTH

R/Yusuf

Hi Yusuf,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Actually i have already achieved my objective number 1 by doing what you have suggested. My concern is objective

number 2 and i look forward to a solution on objective number 2 from you.

Here i am repeating my objective number 2

When the traffic on link 2 reaches 60%, the rest traffic should move thru link 1 and traffic on link 2 should not exceed 60%.

Thanks in advance.

kanwal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: