Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

eigrp

If I have say ip address 192.168.1.1 on one side and 192.168.1.2 on the other so I can join the networks, do I need to put this as a network in eigrp ? even though its only to join interfaces ?

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
3 REPLIES

Re: eigrp

Hi

You need to mention the same under your Eigrp process so that the eigrp process can include those networks also in the routing process.

It will also create or form neighborship only thru these interfaces which are included in the routing process using the network command.

TMBK its also reqd to tell the routing process that which interfaces are there as a member of the routing process or can take part in the routing process..

In your case on both 192.68.1.1 and 1.2 you will have the neighbors created.

regds

so will i need to add network 192.168.1.0 on both sides ?

Hi

ofcourse yes you need to have these statements ,hope you remember that i have mentioned about using the network statement even with the mask option available with EIGRP too few days back out here.

For the same rick too has given a wonderful explaination which i feel you can search out and check for more clarity on tweaking the mask option.

regds

Views
Helpful
Replies