Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

EIGRP

HI

I have advertised a Network via EIGRP to site-3 from the Core.but when advertised the network;site-7 learned all the Networks;vlan in the enterprise network from the core.i dont need the overload in the site7 also in the other site to learn every networks;vlan in the networks.how can i achive that?if i use distr-list with access-list when should i run the dist-list.simple config very much appreciated.

10xs

Ali

ali

7 REPLIES
Blue

Re: EIGRP

it would look something like the following:

R(config)# access-list 1 permit 0.0.0.0

R(config)# access-list 1 permit 10.10.10.0

R(config)# access-list 1 deny 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255

R(config)# router eigrp 1

R(config-router)# network 10.10.10.0

R(config-router)# distribute-list 1 in

the above commands will allow only the two defined networks to be advertised into eigrp. you can put something like this on your remote routers. or you can filter outbound advertisements as well from the core router.

see link below for more info:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fiprrp_r/ind_r/1rfindp1.htm#wp1017643

10xs for ur reply

u didn't told me where can i put these in the dist or the core

Blue

you can put this small list as i've shown on a remote site router or nonCore stub type of network.

you can use the outbound distribute-list on a core router to prevent it from advertising more networks than you'd like it to.

hi,

will u clear me the first and syntex of permit and then last syntex of deny ...what is the logic behind this.

regards

Devang

Blue

permit only the two defined networks and deny everything else.

hi,

thanks for you reply...so its good for stub networks ...

thanks again

regards

Devang

Blue

yes devang...good for stub networks in the above example. this was an extremely basic example so more information is provided in the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fiprrp_r/1rfeigrp.htm#wp1030091

Views
Helpful
Replies