Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

eigrp

if I wanted to advertise routes across vlans from the core router,say they are 4 subinterfaces, each on a different subnet, 172.19, 172.20, 172.21, 172.22, on the eigrp network statement would i just put network 172.0.0.0 0.255.255.255 and use the no-auto summarary command, would this advertise each individual routes to the neighbours, or would I need to add each individual network ?

4 REPLIES
Purple

Re: eigrp

Hi Carl,

Yes, that would accomplish what you want - each network will be advertised individually.

However, the problem with using a network statement that covers a range such as the above is that you may inadvertently enable EIGRP on any future links that have other IP addresses in the 172.x.x.x range. If you list them explicitly, you know precisely which interfaces EIGRP will be enabled on and which networks will be advertised.

It would be really appreciated if you rated responses to your posts.

Paresh

so your saying to advertise them as all different networks, in which case would i still need to use the auto summary command ?

thanks

Carlos

Purple

Hi Carlos,

You still need to use the 'no auto-summary' command so that you do not suppress these specific routes at a classful network boundary.

Pls do rate the posts...

Paresh

thats fine , thanks very much

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content