Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email to Fax!!!

Hi all,

hope I'm in the right Forum and that your keeping well. Can you please help Me? I'd like to know if it's possible and if so how to do the following;

An email comes in via a Cisco Router's connection to the Internet, the email is then forwarded on as a Fax to a remote Fax Machine( connected to a PSTN Line ) via the same Router over the PSTN/PRI.

I'm totally stumped. I thought about using a 3640 with a PRI Card and Mica Card. Tying each Mica Modem to a specific B-Channel on the PRI and also configuring say 2 or 3 B-Channels together as the Internet connection. Am I on the right track?? Is there any documentation or configs out there???

Thanks

Paul

3 REPLIES

Re: email to Fax!!!

This is not the right place for this post, You should be posting this in Voice and Video - > unity section.

Well, to my knowledge, what you want to achieve is not possible, by the method you are describing. The routers job is to receive the packets that contain the email data and route the packet to the mail server. The router cannot interpret content of each email and send it as a fax over a fax line.

Again I would recommend you to post the same question at the Voice/Video section for an expert advise.

Try using Fax Protocol T.37. The 3640 will do the job.

BR

Andrey

Andrey,

thanks for the reply. One more question though. Will the 3640 do "off ramp" ??

Thanks

Paul

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content