Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

email to Fax!!!

Hi all,

hope I'm in the right Forum and that your keeping well. Can you please help Me? I'd like to know if it's possible and if so how to do the following;

An email comes in via a Cisco Router's connection to the Internet, the email is then forwarded on as a Fax to a remote Fax Machine( connected to a PSTN Line ) via the same Router over the PSTN/PRI.

I'm totally stumped. I thought about using a 3640 with a PRI Card and Mica Card. Tying each Mica Modem to a specific B-Channel on the PRI and also configuring say 2 or 3 B-Channels together as the Internet connection. Am I on the right track?? Is there any documentation or configs out there???

Thanks

Paul

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: email to Fax!!!

Re: email to Fax!!!

Hi Mak,

thanks for the tip. I've read through the document you suggested but still have one or two Questions. Hope you can help.

1. It mentions an SMTP Server, is it a specific one, do Cisco sell them?

2. Do I have to use the AS5300, would not a 3600 series Router work?

3. What is the typical Bandwidth/Speed of a Fax?

4. Say if a Fax is sending at 9600, do you have to Use the full 64K of a timeslot? What I'm trying to say is basically to send 30 Faxs do you need 30 timeslots?

Sorry if I'm confusing you but your help is much appreciated.

regards

Paul

Views
Helpful
Replies