Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Enabling MLS QoS ON 6500 Running IOS 12.2(18)SXD1

I have multiple port channels l2 and l3 running over multiple blades . The blades have different queueing strategies out of the box ..

When you enable mls qos the port channels throw a fit . Dropping all ip comms. Is there any way of getting around this or am I going to have to break the port-channels ?

Note all port channels work beautifuly before enabling qos globally .

I have found documents on cco saying mls qos trust dscp need to be enable on the ports but this does not seem to work.

here is a list of the modules :

WS-X6148V-GE-TX

WS-X6148V-GE-TX

WS-X6148V-GE-TX

WS-X6148V-GE-TX

WS-X6148V-GE-TX

WS-X6148V-GE-TX

WS-SUP720-3B

WS-SUP720-3B

WS-X6148V-GE-TX

WS-X6148V-GE-TX

WS-X6548-GE-TX

WS-X6748-SFP

can any one help ??

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Enabling MLS QoS ON 6500 Running IOS 12.2(18)SXD1

two imp points.

1. When QoS is enabled, enter the "no mls qos channel-consistency" port-channel interface command to support EtherChannels that have ports with and without strict-priority queues.

2. Whenever you enable qos , always make sure to do classification. W/o classification , qos can hurt more then it can help. With qos enabled , the ports go into untrusted mode and all traffic ends up mapping to one queue instead of utilizing several queues for different classes. So make sure you do classification ( classification can be done by enabling trust states or through qos acls / policy maps ).

thanks

Salman Z.

Re: Enabling MLS QoS ON 6500 Running IOS 12.2(18)SXD1

thank you

Views
Helpful
Replies