Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Silver

Enabling SRM on Sup1A/MSFC1

I will shortly be reconfiguring our pair of dual-MSFC1s to use SRM (HSRP is used between chassis and SRM within each chassis). The current configurations on the MSFCs within the chassis are different (this was to aid inital migration). Is it as straightforward as enabling SRM (i.e. redundancy > high-availability > single-router-mode) on the non-designated MSFC first and then enabling it on the designated MSFC. At this point will the configuration on the non-desigated MSFC be overwritten by that on the designated MSFC? Are there any special settings for the config registers; the documentation suggests 0x102 on the non-designated MSFC, but doesn't give a clear indication as to why.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Enabling SRM on Sup1A/MSFC1

You'll need to enable High-Availibility on the Supervisor as well. HA is not compatible with some features. The following page should help you

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/sw_6_3/confg_gd/redund.htm

I dont think 0x102 is mandatory for SRM. 0x2 or 0x2102 should be fine as well. I'll research to see why the document suggests 0x102

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content