Views
Helpful
Replies

End to End Testing Response

netbeginner
Level 2
Level 2

Hello Netpros,

Here i am looking for advice related to transmission. I am basically from IP team and recently our transmission team has installed a STM-1 connectivity on MUXs  between two ends.

Problem Summary:- we are doing end to end testing to check the transmission throughput/capacity. for eg:- At side A MUX port we have directly connected a laptop & at Side B MUX again a Laptop is connected on a Port. While we are  checking the upload & download speed (we are checking from Side B laptop) ...download is not going beyond 40 Mb however upload is reaching as 130Mb bandwidth. As we are expecting the response(both upload & download) close to avaialble backend bandwidth(STM-1 , 155Mb) on end to end testing. But i feel we are lacking some settings on transmission devices.

Why there is constraint on download speed, Is really that will not going beyond 40Mb, Could anyone kindly help me out with expert advice on this.....

Txns

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The thing is, throughput especially on high speed circuits, is not tested with laptops, much more expensive devices are used.

Anyway, if the transmission guys told you they put an STM-1 in place, there is no reason to doubt them.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: