cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Entries in Change Audit Report show "unknown" username and hostname

edehaas
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know why entries in the change audit report are showing an "unknown" username and hostname? This is happening in several other reports.

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

What is the RME and IDU version installed?. Also,

are the Config Changes made by an application in RME e.g. Config Editor, Net Config OR

The user directly logs into the device and makes a change to the device ?. Because depending upon the workaflow, you may or may not see the username in the reports.

Thanks for the reply,

I'm running RME 3.5 with the latest IDU. I am seeing the "unknown" username and hostname from all three of your scenarios. The most recent one was made by one of engineers when he changed a VLAN on a switchport. What do you mean depending on the workflow, the username may not show up in the reports?

Thanks.

I only mentioned 2 scenarios :-). The reason I asked is beacuse, if the changes are made using any RME application, then it should show the username/hostname and the rest of the fields are filled in since RME is aware of the task and the details of it. As for the 2nd scenario, where the changes are made outside of RME totally, it's different since the username is filled in as unknown, since this is only for the cases when we use an RME app to make changes. Values for Host Name and Connection Mode are obtained by using the Cisco-Config-MAN-MIB by polling several mib objects. If this information is not available from device MIB, the Change Audit record will show as "Unknown". This is probably due to some MIB implementation problem for those devices.

The mib objects are:

ccmHistoryEventTerminalUser

ccmHistoryEventCommandSourceAddress

ccmHistoryEventCommandSource

ccmHistoryEventTerminalType

ccmHistoryEventConfigDestination

RME will poll these mib values to get the information for change audit.

Thank you for the info. That makes perfect sense.