Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equipment needed in Singapore for E1 and T3

I have a client who will need routing hardware in their Singapore office mostly for VoIP. They will have a T3 from the US to their Singapore office which will also connect to 5 E1 circuits that will terminate directly into the Singtel network. The goal is for VoIP traffic from the their US offices over the T3 to the Singapore office which will switch or route the traffic to the local PSTN at Singtel.

I have not been to Singapore and my client does not have the staff to support my request, so I need to research the hardware that is compatible with the standards used in Singapore for a T3, 5 E1 and the router modules for necessary protocols into the local PSTN network over the E1 circuits.

I greatly appreciate any help.

Jeff

2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Equipment needed in Singapore for E1 and T3

There are many models with different types of interfaces and modules available for your requirement. You can probably look at 2600 and 3700 series of routers. Refer to the website for more information.

Re: Equipment needed in Singapore for E1 and T3

Thanks for the reply.

What I need to know is the E1 circuits (5 of them) would use standard Cisco E1 modules and if the signaling (protocols) on the E1 circuits to Singtel are using SS7.

Are T3 connections in Singapore the same as here in the US? If so I could use stock Cisco hardware as well.

Thanks for any help.

Jeff

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content