Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

erasing start on cisco router

I have a cisco 2651xm router that I have been configuring. I am just trying to get used to cisco commands and learn, so I will config it, then do an "erase start" and reconfig it. Everytime I do an "erase start" and reload the router it comes up with 5 errors:

%Error opening tftp://255.255.255.255/network-confg (Timed out)

%Error opening tftp://255.255.255.255/cisconet.cfg (Timed out)

%Error opening tftp://255.255.255.255/bcsrtr01-confg (Timed out)

%Error opening tftp://255.255.255.255/network-confg (Timed out)

%Error opening tftp://255.255.255.255/bcsrtr01.cfg (Timed out)

Then the whole time I am consoled into the router it will periodically flash this error:

%Error opening tftp://255.255.255.255/cisconet.cfg (Timed out)

Which is one of the 5 original errors. It does not flash all 5 original errors. Just the one stated above. I had been putting in two seperat commands to fix the problem. The first: "config-register 0x2102" and the second: do a show flash: and then "boot system flash:(paste the filename that was listed from the show flash:)

This was fixing the problem for a while. Now though, it is still happening and those commands won't fix it. Any ideas? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Purple

Re: erasing start on cisco router

no it won't , this command just keeps the router from trying to pull it initial config off the network and it will load from nvram .

3 REPLIES

Just add one more command " no service config"

If I enter that command will it have any effect on thses commands in my config?:

service tcp-keepalives-in

service tcp-keepalives-out

service timestamps log datetime msec localtime show-timezone

service password-encryption

service sequence-numbers

Purple

no it won't , this command just keeps the router from trying to pull it initial config off the network and it will load from nvram .

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content