Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Error in ANI server

Just upgraded two CiscoWorks with the CDOne ver 5 and I am seeing the same problem on both. Running on Win2000 server.

I installed CDOne, RME, CM, DFM and then VHM.

It seems that once I did the last, I am getting the following in the ANIServer.log:

main ani ERROR AniMain: Another ANI is already active.

So nothing is working. Any thoughts? I did not think there was a restriction of running VHM on the same system as the rest of CiscoWorks.

2 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Error in ANI server

Not sure what version of VHM have you installed on the same server with Campus Manager 3.2. If it's VHM 1.1 then it states in the VHM Install docs:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/vhm/vhm1_1/install/ch1.htm

"Caution: VHM requires a dedicated system. Do not run any other products on the system except those that are part of the CiscoWorks IP Telephony Environment Monitor Solution (such as CD One, 5th Edition; VHM; and DFM". I've see the same when I installed VHM on the same server with Campus 3.2 and ANI would not run even though the ANIServer process started OK initially.

Re: Error in ANI server

Grrrrrrrrrrr

Sigh, I guess this is just another reason to invest in Dell or Compaq. More Servers Please.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content