Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

error in booting the IOS

I have a Cisco 3660 in my ISP and use it as a RAS router, this morning when I reloaded it for some reasons the following error message appeared:

MUT-RAS-ROUTER:#reload

Proceed with reload? [confirm]

C3660 processor with 65536 Kbytes of main memory

Main memory is configured to 64 bit mode with parity disabled

program load complete, entry point: 0x80008000, size: 0xa91e9c

Self decompressing the image : #################################################

################################################################################

################################################################################

######################################## [OK]

Smart Init is disabled. IOMEM set to: 20

Using iomem percentage: 20

% Hostname "MUT-RAS-ROUTER:" is not a legal LAT node name, Using "CISCO_92F920"

%SYS-6-READ_BOOTFILE_FAIL: flash:c3660-i-mz.122-5d.bin File boot failed -- File

not accessible.

%SYS-6-BOOT_MESSAGES: Messages above this line are from the boot loader.

boot of "c3660-i-mz.122-5d.bin" using boot helper "flash:C3660_IS_MZ122_3.BIN" f

ailed

error returned: File boot failed -- File not accessible

loadprog: error - on file open

boot: cannot load "c3660-i-mz.122-5d.bin"

C3660 processor with 65536 Kbytes of main memory

Main memory is configured to 64 bit mode with parity disabled

program load complete, entry point: 0x80008000, size: 0xa91e9c

Self decompressing the image : #################################################

######################################## [OK]

Smart Init is disabled. IOMEM set to: 20

Using iomem percentage: 20

Restricted Rights Legend

Please help!

Thanks

Reza

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: error in booting the IOS

Is the IOS image on the flash or are you booting from a TFTP server?

yes, the IOS is in the flash.

Have you tried " verify flash:" to confirm the sanity of the image in the flash.

Probably you need to confirm the size too, between the image in the tftp server and the flash

I did your suggestion and the following message appeared:

MUT-RAS-ROUTER:#verify flash:

Verify filename []? c3660-is-mz.122-8.T5.bin

Verified flash:

MUT-RAS-ROUTER:#

any suggestion?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content