Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Error loading IOS to 2916

For some reason, when I try and load and image into my 2916, it errors out saying "flash:c2900xl-c3h2s-mz-120-5.WC9.bin: no space left

on device".

I have tried this severla times. The ony thing I can see that should be taking up memory, is the env_vars file under flash:.

Is there somewhere else I can look to see what it won't take it? It seems as though there should be enough room.

My other option would be an older IOS that maybe a smaller file size. When I do the XModem transfer, it gets to about 1687k, and then terminates itself due to lack of space.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES
Purple

Re: Error loading IOS to 2916

Most of these old switches only have enough room for 1 image in flash , did you blow away the current image before downloading the new one? Also you can delete any files that have html in it . Can you post a "dir flash" ?

Re: Error loading IOS to 2916

Well low and behold I hadn't searched enough!! I finally found a posing about an FTP Site where there are images for these older switches!

Now, I am not able to find anything about the HTML interface. The GUI for the web based management for this switch. I was able to find it all, but when I tried copying it over, it kept saying I was trying to copy the file to a fold, and it could not be completed. The syntax I was using was:

copy tftp:/// flash:/html

It didn't seem to like that. Is there some way I can copy all of the files for the html pages at once, or do I have to do them individually? UGG!!

The version I ended up with is the c2900XL-hs-mz-112.8.11-SA6.bin. In the .tar I got off the FTP Site, It also included a folder called HTML, that has what looks like all of the correct pages that I am looking for in the Web based management.

I guess the thing I'm really trying to do, is copy all of these at once, to a directory under the flash of my 2916.

Clues?? I sure don't have one!!

Thanks all!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content