Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error message on point to point connection - line up/down

I am receiving an error message during debug on our serial point to point line. The message is: "Illegal HDLC serial type code 777, PC=080017240". The reason for the debug is that the interface is up/down and will not go up/up. I have had the line tested and can see the line up when looped.

6 REPLIES
Silver

Re: error message on point to point connection - line up/down

Are you connecting to a non cisco device ?

HDLC is verdor specific.

This connection is between a cisco 2612 and a cisco 7500 router. Thanks

Silver

Looking at this URL it looks like you are Rx a illegal packet . Check how the circuit is provisioned

I have already checked with the LEC and the circuit is provisioned for B8ZS/ESF. Additionally, when the CSU's are looped the interfaces do come up/up (looped). I am currently looking at the CSU configuarations. Thanks.

Silver

Place a loop on one CSU towards the network see if the serial interfasce goes up up looped. If it does ping yourself. You should be able to ping your own interfac. If you do not see the loop or can not ping yourself it is more than likely a lec issue. Also If your CSU allow do a DTE loop from your local CSU's then ping yourself . If your pings fail there is a problem between the serial interface and local CSU

Thanks for all help. I changed the CSU on the remote end and can now send traffic accross the link. Turns out the CSU was misconfigured.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content