Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Error occured due to invalid SNMP credential

When using Discovery, Discovery Job show Credential Errors: "Error occured due to invalid SNMP credential"

When Add Device from Device Work Center I get:

Reachability is "Unknown", Device Type is empty, Collection Status is "Managed with Warnings", with message "SNMP Failure: No Response for SNMP Get request.", Collection Time is empty.

Everyone's tags (1)
2 REPLIES

Using an HA pair of 5508s

Having the same issue.

Using an HA pair of 5508s running 7.6.110 and CPI 1.4 update 1.

I have an active TAC case and they are not making any progress on determining the issue.  :/

-mj

This issue is now resolved.

This issue is now resolved.  In my case, my CPI was on a subnet other than the management subent that the WLC pair is on.  I also have a dynamic interface configured on the WLC that is using the same subnet as the CPI server.

I found this obscure post that showed similar symptoms:

http://www.opsview.com/forum/opsview-community-edition/monitoring-network-and-snmp/cisco-5508-snmp-no-respose-solved

It suggested that SNMP was not working because CPI is using the same subnet as the dynamic interface.  I can neither confirm nor deny this is the case.  However, I changed CPI's IP address to the same subnet as the WLC management interface, and the WLC registered fine.

The only other detail I can think is relevant is that there is no firewall, etc between the subnets.  Pings worked fine.  A machine on the CPI subnet could access the WLC GUI/CLI.  The two subnets were just L3 switched via our core switch and SVI interfaces.

Hope this works for you too.

-Mike

Views
Helpful
Replies