cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error occured due to invalid SNMP credential

limaldita
Level 1
Level 1

When using Discovery, Discovery Job show Credential Errors: "Error occured due to invalid SNMP credential"

When Add Device from Device Work Center I get:

Reachability is "Unknown", Device Type is empty, Collection Status is "Managed with Warnings", with message "SNMP Failure: No Response for SNMP Get request.", Collection Time is empty.

2 Replies 2

Mike Jennings
Level 1
Level 1

Having the same issue.

Using an HA pair of 5508s running 7.6.110 and CPI 1.4 update 1.

I have an active TAC case and they are not making any progress on determining the issue.  :/

-mj

This issue is now resolved.  In my case, my CPI was on a subnet other than the management subent that the WLC pair is on.  I also have a dynamic interface configured on the WLC that is using the same subnet as the CPI server.

I found this obscure post that showed similar symptoms:

http://www.opsview.com/forum/opsview-community-edition/monitoring-network-and-snmp/cisco-5508-snmp-no-respose-solved

It suggested that SNMP was not working because CPI is using the same subnet as the dynamic interface.  I can neither confirm nor deny this is the case.  However, I changed CPI's IP address to the same subnet as the WLC management interface, and the WLC registered fine.

The only other detail I can think is relevant is that there is no firewall, etc between the subnets.  Pings worked fine.  A machine on the CPI subnet could access the WLC GUI/CLI.  The two subnets were just L3 switched via our core switch and SVI interfaces.

Hope this works for you too.

-Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: