Views
Helpful
Replies

Error on 4006

eric_garnel
Level 1
Level 1

Where can I get more info on the following error:

May 4 18:11:11: %C4K_IPROUTEMAN-3-FIBADJMANDUPLICATEADJ: FIB Entry: Tried to create a duplicate adj for key 192.218.223.76/20

May 4 18:11:11: %C4K_IOSIPROUTEMAN-3-ADJMANNOMOREADJS: AdjMan: hardware adjacency resources exhausted, performance may be degraded.

The ip address (altered) in question would belong to a dhcp client that would be plugged into an edge switch (2950xl) and not the core switch. An odd item of note: the dhcp assignment would have a 24 bit netmask, not the /20 as indicated above.

Given the nature of our network, the end users are conference visitors/exibitors that are only connected to the network during a conference and leave once the show is over, so I cannot access the offending end device to examine it.

The last time I saw this error was during a conference that had a lot of Mac users.

Thanks

Per cisco.com:

Error Message C4K_IPROUTEMAN-3-FIBADJMANDUPLICATEADJ:FIB Entry:Tried to create a duplicate adj for key [object-info]

Explanation A request was made to add a duplicate adjacency to the Forwarding Information Base (FIB) adjacency database.

The 4006 that logs the error is one of the core switches for our network.

details:

Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software

IOS (tm) Catalyst 4000 L3 Switch Software (cat4000-IS-M), Version 12.1(8a)EW1, EARLY DEPLOYMENT RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

2 Replies 2

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I did some research and a software upgrade fixed this issue for other cases. Can you try and upgrade to a later release. 12.1(13)EW1 should be good

I'll give that a shot and see if it resolves it. Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: