Views
Helpful
Replies

error on 6509

alsayed
Level 1
Level 1

GOOD DAY!

Could some body;tell me what is this error in my 6509?

Have a look to this error?

00:16:53: %C6KERRDETECT-SP-2-LPBKFAIL: The in-band loopback test between switch

processor and route processor failed, count:40

00:16:53: SP: SP-RP Ping Test[1]: CPU util(5secs): SP=0% RP=0%, Traffic=0%

00:16:53: SP: SP-RP Ping Test[1]: netint_thr_active[0], Tx_Rate[413], Rx_Rate[0]

, bus_stall[0]

10xs for help

Ali

5 Replies 5

Anand Narayana
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Alsayed,

Explanation: The C6KERRDETECT-SP-2-LPBKFAIL message is displayed when the in-band loopback test between switch processor and route processor fails. In other words, the system detects an error that cannot be recovered during the in-band loopback test.

Recommended Action: Check the Cisco CatOS image for checksum errors. If thereare no checksum errors, replace the supervisor module. Issue the show test {module_number} command before and after you physically re-seat the module to make sure that theline card is not faulty. Ensure that you have configured the set test diaglevel complete command. A reset is required to enable this diagnostic mode. If the problem persists, there can be a faulty hardware that needs replacement. Open a service request with Cisco through TAC Service Request Tool.

hope this helps,

rate this post.

HI Freind!

10xs for ur response.i dont Have CATos on this box.i have converted the from catos to IOS 3 Days ago.

10xs.any new help

Ali

but atleast did u check for any CRC err. & also tried removing the module etc..?

Hi Friend!

how can i check the CRC;BUT When i removed the module.every thing fine.

10xs

can you give us a show mod? if you do a verify on the code on the flash you will check the CRC (you will have to be in enable mode to do a verify), so if the code verify's o.k. you will probably want to open a TAC ticket in that the module is bad.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: