cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error opening nvram:/startup-config (Not enough space)

mitchel
Level 1
Level 1

Some time today my 3620 stopped running. I think it rebooted but sh ver says it's been up for 11 + weeks. When I do a sh config I get: "Using 25109 out of 30712 bytes, uncompressed size = 89404 bytes

%Error opening nvram:/startup-config (Not enough space)" I have never had this issue before. What can I do to trouble shoot this and free up some memory. This is VERY urgent as this router serves all my DSL customers. I cant do a copy run to start either.

Thanks,

Mitchel

3 Replies 3

ashok_boin
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

If you are having BACKUP of your configuration, then better to do "erase nvram:" to erase completely your configuration. After that, copying the configuration through "copy tftp start".Hope this works...

Regards...

--Ashok.

With best regards...
Ashok

Thanks I like your idea however it scares me a little because I do not have a current back up. I am wondering if there is a way to copy the start up config with out opening it. When I do a show run I get nothing, and tftp fails for lack of memory when trying to copy startup.

Probably your configuration is too large to be stored in nvram. Enable 'service compress-config' and then try again to 'copy runn start'.

Good luck

Matias.-