Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Error opening nvram:/startup-config (Not enough space)

Some time today my 3620 stopped running. I think it rebooted but sh ver says it's been up for 11 + weeks. When I do a sh config I get: "Using 25109 out of 30712 bytes, uncompressed size = 89404 bytes

%Error opening nvram:/startup-config (Not enough space)" I have never had this issue before. What can I do to trouble shoot this and free up some memory. This is VERY urgent as this router serves all my DSL customers. I cant do a copy run to start either.

Thanks,

Mitchel

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Error opening nvram:/startup-config (Not enough space)

Hi,

If you are having BACKUP of your configuration, then better to do "erase nvram:" to erase completely your configuration. After that, copying the configuration through "copy tftp start".Hope this works...

Regards...

--Ashok.

With best regards... Ashok ----------- Pls kindly rate if helpful or answered your question.

Thanks I like your idea however it scares me a little because I do not have a current back up. I am wondering if there is a way to copy the start up config with out opening it. When I do a show run I get nothing, and tftp fails for lack of memory when trying to copy startup.

Probably your configuration is too large to be stored in nvram. Enable 'service compress-config' and then try again to 'copy runn start'.

Good luck

Matias.-

Views
Helpful
Replies