Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Error while upgrading the ios in cisco 3640

We have got a new Cisco 3640 router. I connected the console to a system which is running cisco tftp server. All the interface in the router is shutdown and the interface is not connected to any network. I wanted to upgrade the ios to the latest. I hypertermed in to the cisco router and did copy tftp flash. I gave the remote address as the address of the system which is running the tftp( The same system through which i hypertermed) then i gave the source and the destination file name and after which i get an error message

%Error opening tftp://192.168.1.243/c3640-i-mz.122-13a(socket Error)

Can some one advice me how to proceed. Should i have one ethernet interface live?

Thanks in Advance

2 REPLIES

Re: Error while upgrading the ios in cisco 3640

As you say you are using Hyperterm I assume that you are connected to the console port. To do a tftp transfer, the tftp-server must be reachable via the network.

Bring up one interface and check ip-connectivity to the server.

Then make sure that tftp is running on this server and give it another try.

Goodluck.

Re: Error while upgrading the ios in cisco 3640

If you were stuck and needed to do it over the console, see link: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_tech_note09186a008009433b.shtml .

Hope it helps.

Steve

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content