Views
Helpful
Replies

Errors opening campus manager apps on CiscoWorks client

liamwalk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I can run campus manager 3.2 apps no problems when running ciscoworks from its native box. However when I try running User Manager from a remote client I get the following error:

Cannot connect to ANI server. Leaving Application.

java.lang.exception. Failed creating ANIClient

When I tun Topology Services I get:

Cannot connect to ANI server.

Unknown error.

I have checked the ANI process on the server, and it checks out OK. Anyone any ideas??

10 Replies 10

fheinicke
Level 1
Level 1

Campus Manager is pretty picky about the version of JRE on your client. Try removing all the java runtime editions (Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/ Remove Software) from your client and then restarting your browser and connecting to CiscoWorks. CW will prompt you to load the appropriate version of the JRE client. You'll probably need a reboot after JRE is loaded. Then you should be good to go.

I tried removing/re-intstalling JRE 1.3.1, but still get the same errors. The JRE console returns the following when opening User Tracking:

execPOST session id is: 1051792510437310342

ERROR UT: Failed creating AniClient. java.lang.Exception: Bad line format from CsAuthServlet

Not applicable

Also do this

Control Panel >> Java Plugin 1.3.1 > Proxies

Take the check out of "Use browser settings"

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/477/Campus/connect-19000.html

I have already tried this, but unfortunately it made no difference......

Please check that you are using the supported versions of Web Browser to access the applications. Als, Java Plug In 1.3.1 must be installed on the client to access CiscoWorks properly. As suggested earlier remove any other Java Plug Ins installed on the client.

regards,

Sharath

Not applicable

Also make sure you do not have a firewall between the client & server. CM needs access to all ports above 1024 as random ports are used by CORBA processes.

greg.smith
Level 1
Level 1

Make sure you have your CiscoWorks server configured in DNS. Even if you might connect via IP in your web browser, the ANI server name is always the name of the server. If you dont have it configured in DNS, the client app might not be able to find the ANI server.

patrsup
Level 1
Level 1

I have a simular situation which I have appIication people looking at. I can log into any machine on the network and install the CiscoWorks client, it will then run with full functionality including campus apps. If I am logged into the machine and ask another person to launch the session – it will work for him.

If he then logs into any machine on the network including the above machine, and tries to launch CiscoWorks – most of the java will fail for him including all of campus– additionally if I launch CiscoWorks with him logged into the machine, my application will fail in java also.

It is something to do with the profile in windows and launching (and installing, because it thinks of the launch as in installation).

We had a similar problem. Go to the control panel and then the JRE icon. In proxy settings uncheck the "Use Browser Settings" box and make sure everything is blank. Restart the browser.

I've found the problem.........I run an automatic configuration script to detect a proxy server in IE. If I deselect this and enter the proxy settings manually, that fixes the problem.

Thanks to all who replied..........

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: