cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

etherchannel and port suspended

hi all,

i created an etherchannel on my 4507 leading to a 3750. i did it the way i always do that works. when i put a specific port into the channel, it goes into "suspended" line protocol. what does this mean?

2 REPLIES

Re: etherchannel and port suspended

Etherchannel

"Some messages from the switch might look like errors but are part of the normal EtherChannel process. For example, as a new port is configured as a member of an existing EtherChannel, you might see this message:

4d00h: %EC-5-L3DONTBNDL2: FastEthernet0/2 suspended: incompatible partner port with

FastEthernet0/1

When the port first is added to the EtherChannel, it is incompatible because the STP runs on the channel and the new port. After STP takes the new port through its progression of states, the port automatically is added into the EtherChannel.

Other messages do indicate a port-compatibility error. In these cases, the cause of the error is shown. For example, the following message tells that FastEthernet0/3 has a different duplex mode than the other ports in the EtherChannel:

4d00h: %EC-5-CANNOT_BUNDLE2: FastEthernet0/3 is not compatible with FastEthernet0/1

and will be suspended (duplex of Fa0/3 is full, Fa0/1 is half)

"

Are you sure you have the same configs on each side?

Vlad

Community Member

Re: etherchannel and port suspended

thanks for your reply,it was my mistake. imagine that...lol

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content