Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Etherchannel to 2 or more servers

On a 3750 switch i wanted to establish an etherchannel to two identical fileservers. My intention was to load-balance some users based on source-ip to either the first or the second machine. Do I need special NICs talking LACP or PAgP or is there a way with "normal" NICs?

My first try failed. Both servers where in the same VLAN. The switch was configured for InterVLAN-routing, but src-ip balancing failed. Only the first port in the channel got packets.I tried different channel-modes. Both server had the same IP and the same MAC.

The second try was plugging the servers onto a L3 etherchannel. The channel was unable to form, so no communication took place.

Thanks for help.

2 REPLIES

Re: Etherchannel to 2 or more servers

Try setting IOS Server Load-Balancing by using the ip slb XXXXXXX commands under gloabal config. I do not believe that the 3750 supports this.

Re: Etherchannel to 2 or more servers

Thanks for your reply,

but the 3750 does not support slb. 3750 knows etherchannel (on), PAgP (desirable, auto) and LACP (active, passive).

Views
Helpful
Replies