Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Etherchannel to Etherchannel

I have a Catalyst 5509 and I am unable to ping from one etherchannel connection to another etherchannel connection. I have 2 linux boxes connected to the switch via etherchannel. I can ping the switch from each linux box. I can ping each linux box from the switch. I can ping each etherchannel box from another linux box the is connected to the switch via nonEtherchannel. But, I cannot ping one etherchannel linux box from the other etherchannel linux box. Is there a limitation that different Etherchannels cannot ping one another? I have the etherchannels set up without trunking and connected to the linux boxes with bonding.

1 REPLY

Re: Etherchannel to Etherchannel

What type of NIC's are you using for the etherchannel? What brand and are they? Are they 1 two port or 2 one port? Also what driver?

Do you happen to have a VPN client or security app running on the LINUX boxes? I have seen that cause issues.

Have you tried this exercise without etherchannel to see if it only occurs with etherchannel?

Views
Helpful
Replies