cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ethernet interface configuration

vbitondo
Level 1
Level 1

I've recently purchased 3 2500 series routers to setup a lab in order to study for the CCNP. My question is that I've assigned an IP and mask to E0 and the only way that I can access this interface is by enabling IP host-routing. When I ran debug all I noticed that packets where getting to the router but the router could not respond back with a "nonroutable" error message generated from the debug. Is there anything that I am missing here?

Thanks,

Vito

2 Replies 2

rjackson
Level 5
Level 5

assuming you did a no shut it sounds like you are not pinging from the same ip network you configured on E0. The router doesnt know where that network is and with no default route cant route the packet.

vbitondo
Level 1
Level 1

Yes the interface was brought up with the "no shutdown" command...and when I run debug I can see packets from workstations to the router interface but the responses back from the router get a "unrouteable" error message.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: