cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ethernet over T1s

wmurray
Level 1
Level 1

I have a pair 1841s and I want to run Ethernet(with 802.1Q VLANs) over 2 or 3 T1 circuits. I'm assuming it is bridging. Can someone help. Configs would be great

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

William,

Looks to me like Paresh did infact provide the solution. Give the config, why not use VLAN 100 to trasport traffic between the "Outside" segments and VLAN 200 to connect the "Inside" segments?

If the routers at each end do not have (2) ethernet interfaces you can use a switch at each end connected to the routers via dot1Q trunk.

See my version of the diagram attached...

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

Here's a sample config...

The setup is:

- one dot1q fast-ethernet interface with 2 vlans, 100 and 200

- two serial interfaces, with 2 DLCIs each, one over which vlan 100 is bridged and one over which vlan 200 is bridged.

bridge 1 protocol ieee

bridge 2 protocol ieee

!

interface FastEthernet0/0.100

encapsulation dot1Q 100

no ip route-cache

bridge-group 1

!

interface FastEthernet0/0.200

encapsulation dot1Q 200

no ip route-cache

bridge-group 2

!

interface serial 0/0

encapsulation frame-relay ietf

!

interface serial 0/0.16

frame-relay interface-dlci 16

bridge-group 1

!

interface serial 0/0.17

frame-relay interface-dlci 17

bridge-group 2

!

interface serial 1/0

encapsulation frame-relay ietf

!

interface serial 1/0.16

frame-relay interface-dlci 16

bridge-group 1

!

interface serial 1/0.17

frame-relay interface-dlci 17

bridge-group 2

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Regards,

Paresh

Paresh,Thanks for getting back to me so fast.You have solved part of my configuration.I'm posting a diagram of what I want to do. The diagram shows the two sites connected by two or more T1s labeled as “Physical Circuits” . This connection needs to be carved up into “Virtual Circuits” as labeled in the diagram. Notice the one of the virtual circuits is on the outside of our firewalls and the rest are on the inside. Is there a way to combine these physical circuits and then carve out a virtual circuit for outside of the firewalls. I would like to not use a full T1 for the outside virtual circuit.

Thanks William

William,

Looks to me like Paresh did infact provide the solution. Give the config, why not use VLAN 100 to trasport traffic between the "Outside" segments and VLAN 200 to connect the "Inside" segments?

If the routers at each end do not have (2) ethernet interfaces you can use a switch at each end connected to the routers via dot1Q trunk.

See my version of the diagram attached...