cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Exam Choice

awatts005
Level 1
Level 1

Should I take ICND1 and ICND2 separately or should I go for the CCNAX Exam, I'm not to sure wether i would be able to pass the CCNAX Exam is it Harder? or would studying both ICND's be able to take me their?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bigoncisco
Level 1
Level 1

CCENT or CCNA. Which exam should you take?

CCENT
First, let’s start with the CCENT certification. This certification is geared toward an entry-level network technician. This certification proves you have foundational knowledge for a small- to medium-sized network. Passing this exam is the first step to enter into a network engineering job using Cisco routers and switches. The course that you should take for the CCENT exam is ICND1v2.0. This is an updated course and exam due this spring. The new exam number is 100-101. Once you have passed this exam, you become a CCENT.

CCNA
If you have taken the ICND1 course and exam, strongly consider taking the ICND2 course and exam 200-101 as well. By taking this second exam and passing it, you will achieve the CCNA certification. The CCNA credentials show your abilities to install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot medium-sized routed and switched networks.

A Combination
You do have another option for exams. If you are a very skilled individual who has in-depth knowledge and experience configuring routers and switches in a medium- to large-sized network, then the combination exam might be for you. Cisco has an exam that covers knowledge from both ICND1 and ICND2: exam 200-120.

You can get more information here.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Bigoncisco
Level 1
Level 1

CCENT or CCNA. Which exam should you take?

CCENT
First, let’s start with the CCENT certification. This certification is geared toward an entry-level network technician. This certification proves you have foundational knowledge for a small- to medium-sized network. Passing this exam is the first step to enter into a network engineering job using Cisco routers and switches. The course that you should take for the CCENT exam is ICND1v2.0. This is an updated course and exam due this spring. The new exam number is 100-101. Once you have passed this exam, you become a CCENT.

CCNA
If you have taken the ICND1 course and exam, strongly consider taking the ICND2 course and exam 200-101 as well. By taking this second exam and passing it, you will achieve the CCNA certification. The CCNA credentials show your abilities to install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot medium-sized routed and switched networks.

A Combination
You do have another option for exams. If you are a very skilled individual who has in-depth knowledge and experience configuring routers and switches in a medium- to large-sized network, then the combination exam might be for you. Cisco has an exam that covers knowledge from both ICND1 and ICND2: exam 200-120.

You can get more information here.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: