cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Excessive CRC and frame errors on a FA interface

jpmcauley
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3620 connected to a 10/100 switch. I am getting excessive input errors on the fast ethernet interface of the router. Here is what my output shows when I show the interface stats:

5 minute input rate 89000 bits/sec, 39 packets/sec

5 minute output rate 497000 bits/sec, 51 packets/sec

65163 packets input, 16481170 bytes

Received 29 broadcasts, 0 runts, 0 giants, 0 throttles

95 input errors, 95 CRC, 53 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored

0 watchdog

0 input packets with dribble condition detected

85029 packets output, 85804553 bytes, 0 underruns

0 output errors, 0 collisions, 0 interface resets

0 babbles, 0 late collision, 0 deferred

0 lost carrier, 0 no carrier

I have done everything I know to do to eliminate these errors. I have replaced the switch, manually set the speed, manually set the duplex and replaced the cable from the router to the switch. I am still getting the errors increase at a rate of about 100 errors every 15 minutes. What other things could I try here? One other note, I have other routers connected to this same switch and those routers show no errors.

2 Replies 2

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

How is the speed and duplex set on the router , basically if you hardcode the router port then you have to hardcode the switchport , if it's auto on the router then it has to be auto on the switch. If this doesn't get rid of it then you have to look at the possibility of a hardware problem .

please past your full interface output that will be better and check port speed and duplex and hardcode it on switch also.

thanks