Helpful
Replies

Export device from CW2K to RTM

tshzee
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to export device from CW2K to RTM 1.3

I was reading on RTM FAQ :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2803/products_qanda_item09186a0080094b24.shtml#import

It says "Caution: To avoid undesirable result, only use the Import utility once."

I trying to add 40 switches to RTM. I am expecting to add another 100 switches within the next 3 months. If it says use the IMPORT UTILITY ONCE, then how can I add more switches to RTM ?

Is there a limit on the number of switches to be managed ?

TIA

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

If your server meets the software/hardware requirements then adding 140 devices should not cause any problems performance wise. In RTM 1.4 you can now use the Bulk Import where user can create a .csv file of the devices and import them all at once. As for the issue of using import utility only once, that is to avoid running into CSCdx61872.

I'm using a Dual 1GHz Processor with 2 GB RAM (Dell PowerEdge 2650). I'm trying to add 40 devices now, then 100 devices later. If I can only use the import utility once, how can I add another 100 devices later? Pls advice, thanks.

Due to CSCdx61872 (which you can see via CCO Bug Toolkit) import works only on fresh RTM db. RTM 1.4 has a better Bulk Import process than 1.3