Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Export device from CW2K to RTM

I'm trying to export device from CW2K to RTM 1.3

I was reading on RTM FAQ :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2803/products_qanda_item09186a0080094b24.shtml#import

It says "Caution: To avoid undesirable result, only use the Import utility once."

I trying to add 40 switches to RTM. I am expecting to add another 100 switches within the next 3 months. If it says use the IMPORT UTILITY ONCE, then how can I add more switches to RTM ?

Is there a limit on the number of switches to be managed ?

TIA

3 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Export device from CW2K to RTM

If your server meets the software/hardware requirements then adding 140 devices should not cause any problems performance wise. In RTM 1.4 you can now use the Bulk Import where user can create a .csv file of the devices and import them all at once. As for the issue of using import utility only once, that is to avoid running into CSCdx61872.

I'm using a Dual 1GHz Processor with 2 GB RAM (Dell PowerEdge 2650). I'm trying to add 40 devices now, then 100 devices later. If I can only use the import utility once, how can I add another 100 devices later? Pls advice, thanks.

Blue

Due to CSCdx61872 (which you can see via CCO Bug Toolkit) import works only on fresh RTM db. RTM 1.4 has a better Bulk Import process than 1.3

Views
Helpful
Replies