Views
Helpful
Replies

Exporting data from LMS 2.2 to LMS 2.2

h.thornberg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I run one production CiscoWorks server with LMS 2.2 on solaris 2.8. Now I have installed an identically standby server.

Now I want to make the standby server to be a copy

of the production server (user data,device groups, netconfig user templates and device & credentials)

Is there any script to export/import data from my production server to the standby server?

I have tried

# /opt/CSCOpx/bin/perl export_cdone.pl

Remote upgrade is not supported for CiscoWorks Common Services 2.2

.. but it didn't work

2 Replies 2

grayd
Level 1
Level 1

Have you done a backup on the server, copied the backup files, and done a restore on the backup? Easiest way to do a backup is through the GUI Server Configuration -> Administration -> Database Management -> Back Up Data Now. Restore the backup using the restorebackup.pl script ($NMSROOT/bin/perl $NMSROOT/bin/restorebackup.pl [-force] [-s suite][-gen generationNumber] -d backup directory).

Sorry I didn't explain better. I don't want to take a copy of my whole database. The database is created

in year 2000 and is 1.2 Gbyte.

Now I want to start my standby server with a new database and only copy some parts from the production server.

I have succeeded to copy User information with

the program in CS2.2 CD

./export_userinfo.pl

Then I have done export and import of device information from the RME GUI Export to File.

What I haven't found out how to do is to copy all

the Device Views and the Netconfig User templates.

If you know how to do this I would be gratefull

Regards Hans

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: