Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Failover not working with Local Directors

I'm trying to configure two 416 local director platforms for staefull failover. I think I've done everything right but when I issue a show failover command the Primary (active ) Unit is normal, and the secondary (stanby) comes up as Normal (waiting). The standby unit is just not monitoring the interfaces on the primary. Will appreciate any help. Thanks.

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
2 REPLIES

Re: Failover not working with Local Directors

Double check your config against the docs: http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/localdir/ldv42/421guide/42ch04.htm and make sure you have it setup right. You might also check your failover cable and make sure it's connected properly. Verify all your physical connections.

Re: Failover not working with Local Directors

I have read through the documentation and checked the cabling, I can't see any problems anywhere the stanby unit is just not monitoring the active unit. I have tried reseting failover on but Unit and it hasn't made a diffrence, this is the output from the Show failover command. I do appreciate your help thanks.

LD# sh fail

Failover On

Cable status: Normal

This host: Primary - Active

Active time: 0 weeks, 0 days, 0 hours, 4 minutes, 15 seconds

Interface 2 (159.175.5.171): Normal

Interface 1 (159.175.5.171): Normal

Interface 0 (159.175.5.171): Normal

Other host: Secondary - Standby

Active time: 0 weeks, 0 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds

Interface 2 (159.175.5.172): Normal (Waiting)

Interface 1 (159.175.5.172): Normal (Waiting)

Interface 0 (159.175.5.172): Normal (Waiting)

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.