cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failover not working with Local Directors

loyalty
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to configure two 416 local director platforms for staefull failover. I think I've done everything right but when I issue a show failover command the Primary (active ) Unit is normal, and the secondary (stanby) comes up as Normal (waiting). The standby unit is just not monitoring the interfaces on the primary. Will appreciate any help. Thanks.

2 Replies 2

p.krane
Level 3
Level 3

Double check your config against the docs: http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/localdir/ldv42/421guide/42ch04.htm and make sure you have it setup right. You might also check your failover cable and make sure it's connected properly. Verify all your physical connections.

I have read through the documentation and checked the cabling, I can't see any problems anywhere the stanby unit is just not monitoring the active unit. I have tried reseting failover on but Unit and it hasn't made a diffrence, this is the output from the Show failover command. I do appreciate your help thanks.

LD# sh fail

Failover On

Cable status: Normal

This host: Primary - Active

Active time: 0 weeks, 0 days, 0 hours, 4 minutes, 15 seconds

Interface 2 (159.175.5.171): Normal

Interface 1 (159.175.5.171): Normal

Interface 0 (159.175.5.171): Normal

Other host: Secondary - Standby

Active time: 0 weeks, 0 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds

Interface 2 (159.175.5.172): Normal (Waiting)

Interface 1 (159.175.5.172): Normal (Waiting)

Interface 0 (159.175.5.172): Normal (Waiting)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: