Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Fair Queueing on an ISDN PRI

Is it a good idea to activate Fair Queueing on an ISDN PRI used both for incoming ISDN-calls from users, and for backup-links to remote sites?

Both dialin-users and remote sites use ISDN BRI with multilink PPP and DDR.

On the NAS with the PRI, I use one dialer rotary group for both incoming and outgoing calls.

If I do want to activate Fair Queueing, should I do it on the Dialer interface, the serial 0:15 interface (D-channel), or somewhere else?

/Thanks

1 REPLY

Re: Fair Queueing on an ISDN PRI

Weighted fair queueing is now supported on all interfaces that support Multilink PPP, including MLP virtual access interfaces and virtual interface templates. Weighted fair-queueing is enabled by default.

Fair queueing on MLP overcomes a prior restriction. Previously, fair queueing was not allowed on virtual access interfaces and virtual interface templates. Interleaving provides the delay bounds for delay-sensitive voice packets on a slow link that is used for other best-effort traffic.

Views
Helpful
Replies