Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Fast Switching Cache (Routing)

Dear NetPro Team,

I would like to know the size of the fast switching cache. Is the size fixed for all plattform and/or ios version?

Is it possible to determine the usage via CLI and/or SNMP?

Thanks in advance,

Andy

2 REPLIES

Re: Fast Switching Cache (Routing)

Issue "show ip cache" command to see how many fast switching cache entries you have. Fast switching is on demand caching scheme that is built when the first packet a flow is process switched. I use the term flow very loosely here as fast switching cache can be built per subnet or host address depending on whether there are multiple paths and/or the location of the next hop. You might also find show interface stat command to be useful.

Re: Fast Switching Cache (Routing)

I am able (with show ip cache) to see the actual number of enties and how much bytes have been used, but there is no reference about neither the absolute size or the threshold when the second invalidation interval kicks in.

I would like to know the total size and the threshold level for faster aging.

And as a second question: are those sizes are the same for all plattforms and/or IOS versions/trains.

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Views
Helpful
Replies