Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Filtering out routing updates

I have 3 routers sitting on the same lan sharing the same subnet. Router A and B participate in HSRP and connect to the company network with visibility of the full IP network but Router C is attached to an external network. I do not want routes from Router A and B to propogate to Router C but I do want visibility of subnet physically connected to Router C.

What is the best soluton?

3 REPLIES

Re: Filtering out routing updates

WHich routing protocol are you using.

You can use a outbound filter on A and Bs interface which will filter the desired routes. Permit only what is wanted.

access-list 10 permit

router

distribute-list 10 out

If you use OSPF then, filtering using a outbound filter wont work. So what you need to do is configure inbound distribute list at C and filter necessary routes that are coming from A and B. This is because, distribute list filters work on routing tables and not on LSAs. OSPF sents routing entries as LSAs unlike, other routing protocols.

Community Member

i'm not sure but cant you set that int as passive that way updates will not be sent out of that interface

This would work fine for protocols such as RIP/IGRP. But for those protocols like EIGRP and OSPF this wont work, as it would remove the neighbor relationship also. He has not specified which routing protocol he is using.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content