Views
Helpful
Replies

Final HSRP +Config Between 2 6509

alsayed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Expert

I Want to setup the HSRP Between the 2 Dist 6509-SUP1.PS Have a look to all my config in the Attachment!ps focus in the etherchannel config(L2)!etherchannel Config(L3) TOward the core!the HSRP Config in all VLANs!also the root primary & the root secondery!ps find where my mistake?advise to the optimum config!what u advise me!My config its correct?PS Help!PS HAVE A LOOK TO THE the Attachment!

10xs for ur time to help.

37 Replies 37

Roberto Salazar
Level 8
Level 8

Look okay to me, 6509-1 is the HSRP and Active and the root primary for the vlans specified. Looks okay.

Please rate all posts.

Hi

10xs for ur reply!

1)what about the default route in my config on the 2 6509?do i need to assign 2 default route on the 2 switch pointing to the 2 L3 port-chanel?

2)what about the 6509-2

3)in my scope in the DHCP Server,the virtual ip in the HSRP;Sould be the default gateway for each specified specified vlans

4)do i need an ip-default gateway on each switch?

waiting ur reply

Hi

PS;Does any one reply here!

10xs

Hi!

can can anyone help on this!

10xs

Hi!

For all your VLANs, I think you should be giving different IPs, you have given the same IP as the one in 6509-1 to the corresponding VLAN in the 2nd switch. This would result in an IP conflict. For example you have given the IP - 10.10.3.2 to the VLAN 3 in both the switches!!! Give 10.10.3.2 to VLAN 3 in SW1 and 10.10.3.3 to VLAN 3 in SW2 with the standby IP being 10.10.3.1. Else I dont think that your HSRP is going to work!!!

Hope this helps.

Regards,

AbhisheK

Please rate all posts!!!

Hi Abhishek, you are correct. I overlooked it. :(

physical IP should be different, virtual IP should be the same.

Could you tell why require 2 deafult routes ? You actually are pointing to the same address. Unless there is another gatewat, and you need more default route.

What I find you just configure 6509-2 as the non-preferred HSRP gateway. What I suggest you can load-sharing the traffic by setting two VLANs to use -1 as primary and two VLANs use -2 as primary.

Yes, the virtual IP is the deafult gateway of the DHCP server which located at the correponding VLAN.

What I suggest to enable the dynamic routing protocol in the subnet of 172.16.20.x. This is because there may be issue of the return path from 172.16.20.100 to 6509-1 & -2. At least not to use default route / gateway at 172.16.20.100 and point back to the 6509-1 & -2. Otherwise, it will create routing loop.

sorry in vlan was an error in typing.but u said that the HSRP Didn't work

10xs

Hi

if i Give 10.10.3.1 to VLAN 3 in SW1 and 10.10.3.2 to VLAN 3 in SW2 with the standby IP being 10.10.3.3. this let HSRP GOING TO WORK?

10XS

Hi,

Yes then its going to work. The physical IP has to be different and the virtual IP has to be same.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

AbhisheK

Please rate all posts!

Please let us know the result of whole design if the HSRP works. i.g. default gateway, routing, etc. Thx.

Hi Jacky!

can list a simple config about ur suggestion

+EIGRP ENABLE WITH SUMMURY TOWARD THE CORE;

+ HOW TO LAD TRAFFIC?

10XS

Jacky sorry!

i mean how can i load traffic between Vlans?simple config if u can

10xs

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: