cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fire up BRI 2nd B-Channel

fkseow
Level 1
Level 1

Currently I have a BRI port on my 3620 router as a backup link to primary link. Anyone know that how do I configure the router that in order to fire up the 2nd b-Channel of ISDN even though from the NT1, out of two S/T ports, physically I use only one of it to connect to my 3620 router.

Please guide.

2 Replies 2

mljohnson
Level 4
Level 4

This will depend on the NT config, but you should be able to connect with 2 B-channels and one NT (one port off the NT). You should try configuring the SPIDs (not sure what switch-type you have, or if you have SPIDs), a load-threshold, and

ppp multilink. Check that "sh isdn stat" says MULT_LAYER_ESTAB for both B channels, and that both have TEI's assigned. Debug isdn event and debug isdn q921 may help you as you try different configuration iterations.

Hi johnson, may I know what do the SPIDs and "load-threshold" commands here help to fire up the 2nd B channel ?

You said it 's dependent on the NT box config, so how do I configure the NT in oder to meet my requirement ? (As I know there is no configuration mode/button on the NT box).

Please guide.