Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Fire up BRI 2nd B-Channel

Currently I have a BRI port on my 3620 router as a backup link to primary link. Anyone know that how do I configure the router that in order to fire up the 2nd b-Channel of ISDN even though from the NT1, out of two S/T ports, physically I use only one of it to connect to my 3620 router.

Please guide.

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Fire up BRI 2nd B-Channel

This will depend on the NT config, but you should be able to connect with 2 B-channels and one NT (one port off the NT). You should try configuring the SPIDs (not sure what switch-type you have, or if you have SPIDs), a load-threshold, and

ppp multilink. Check that "sh isdn stat" says MULT_LAYER_ESTAB for both B channels, and that both have TEI's assigned. Debug isdn event and debug isdn q921 may help you as you try different configuration iterations.

Re: Fire up BRI 2nd B-Channel

Hi johnson, may I know what do the SPIDs and "load-threshold" commands here help to fire up the 2nd B channel ?

You said it 's dependent on the NT box config, so how do I configure the NT in oder to meet my requirement ? (As I know there is no configuration mode/button on the NT box).

Please guide.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content