Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

flash upgrade on 3745 router

Hi, I tried to upgrade our flash on our 3745 from 32M to 64M to accomidate a new flash image. The image I tried to put on was

Platform: 3745

Feature Sets: ADVANCED ENTERPRISE SERVICES

Release: 12.3.14T5

It copied ok via xmodem and then rebooted like it should have but then got caught in a loop of booting-rebooting. The image needs 128M ram which I verified we have. Ihave attached the logs of what was going on while the router rebooted. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ted

3 REPLIES

Re: flash upgrade on 3745 router

Hi

Yes you need a min flash space of 64MB and 128MB Min Memory.

But the Error messages which i checked out from the scrambled output does says that memory isnt enough.

Not enoug

"UNKNOWN", you may be using an unsupported008ftware clause

SYSTEM INIT: INSUFFICIENT MEMORY TO BOOT THE IMAGE! 4, changed state to uplete, entry point: 0x8000800

Is it possible to get back to some nomral IP BASE ios and check out whether you are still getting onto the same kinda probs..

if possible can you also post out the exact file name which you are trying to load on this box..

regds

this is the file i'm trying to load

c3745-adventerprisek9-mz.123-14.T5.bin

Hi,

It seems that 12.3.14T5 is a deferred version. Try to download 12.3.14T6 image. the file name for the same is c3745-adventerprisek9-mz.123-14.T6.bin. The memory requried is 128MB/64MB DRAm & Flash.

Hope this helps.

Sushil

Views
Helpful
Replies