Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

FlexWAN issue

A customer has a FlexWAN module with 2 v.35 PAMs in a 6509. CatOS 7.3(1), MSFC2 IOS 12.1(11b)E4. Had 3 T1s up and running, plugged a 4th in and the entire FlexWAN module went down. The customer lost connectivity on the 3 T1s that had been up and running all went down. It could be an issue with the T1 or remote CSU/DSU. Why would the entire FlexWAN go down? Is there a bug I can't find?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: FlexWAN issue

The flewan uses a master and slave (PA0 and 1) setup for dual PA's. If the master should go down it will bring down the slave. Just kind of how the architecture is setup. So the 2nd T1 plugged into the 2nd PA could have caused some problems that ended up effecting the other PA (possible bad PA?)

Here is an okay document on the flexwan if you are interested:

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps368/c1244/ccmigration_09186a008014347a.pdf

As for the bugs.. well 12.1.11b.E4 has had over 100 severity 1 &2 fixes integrated into it.. now E11. I did not see any exact matches but there were a few for Flexwan related issues. I would recommend thinking about upgrading your SW to a later, more stable release that might help your issue.

Some interesting Flexwan defects CSCdx51363, CSCdy50995, CSCdz31491

Hope this helps you,

Don

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: FlexWAN issue

The flewan uses a master and slave (PA0 and 1) setup for dual PA's. If the master should go down it will bring down the slave. Just kind of how the architecture is setup. So the 2nd T1 plugged into the 2nd PA could have caused some problems that ended up effecting the other PA (possible bad PA?)

Here is an okay document on the flexwan if you are interested:

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps368/c1244/ccmigration_09186a008014347a.pdf

As for the bugs.. well 12.1.11b.E4 has had over 100 severity 1 &2 fixes integrated into it.. now E11. I did not see any exact matches but there were a few for Flexwan related issues. I would recommend thinking about upgrading your SW to a later, more stable release that might help your issue.

Some interesting Flexwan defects CSCdx51363, CSCdy50995, CSCdz31491

Hope this helps you,

Don

Views
Helpful
Replies